Cost Share Programs

Forestry activities such as thinning can be expensive for landowners. Fortunately, there are many different cost share programs that can help private land owners cover most of their forestry labor costs. Agencies such as NRCS (Natural Resource Conservation Service) and Cal Fire offer grants that can aid in forest stand improvement, wildlife enhancement, and many other land improvement projects.

N.R.C.S. - Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP)

Cal Fire - California Forest Improvement Program (CFIP)

There are also grants for homeowners in Humboldt county that aid in defensible space labor cost. 

County of Humboldt - Fire Adapted Landscapes and Safe Homes (FLASH)

If you would like to know more about any of these grants, please give us a call.